[SECC] March QRP CW Spartan Announcement This Monday Night

Subject: [SECC] March QRP CW Spartan Announcement This Monday Night
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:11:18 -0500
Spartan Sprint Contest Monday -

The March Spartan Sprint will be held on March 7, 2005 (which is our
standard date--the first Monday of the month).

The Sprint is two hours of fun as you contact other QRP CW stations on
80, 40, 20, 15, and/or 10 meters.  The contest starts at 9 pm EST, 8 pm
CST, 7 pm MST, and 6 pm PST and runs for two hours.  That's 0200-0400
UTC.  The contest is Monday night, even though the UTC is Tuesday morning.

The Spartan Sprint exchange is RST - State - Power (e.g. 559 MI 5W).

Contest details and rules are at
www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html

We will continue our special recognition for those who operate outdoors.
  If you operate outdoors, please note it in your Soapbox comments after
the contest.

After the contest report your summary and score at the autolog at
www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

We have a couple of requests when entering your log information.  In
your Soapbox comments after the contest, start by listing your radio and
antenna.  We are asking that you note your state, province, or country
as part of your callsign when you fill out the autolog.  The easiest way
to do this is to append that info to your callsign in the "Your Call"
box of the autolog.  For example, NA8M in Michigan would enter 'NA8M-MI'
in the "Your Call" box.

Bee Numbers -

The roster of Bees for the July "Flight of the Bumblebees" contest
through number 172 is posted on the web site at
www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/bumblebees/2005bb_roster.html
Please check to see that your information is correct.

Good luck on Monday!

73 de NA8M
John
Contest Manager