[SECC] GQP Update

Subject: [SECC] GQP Update
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:59:28 -0500

   Here is an update :

   I finished up all the single-op logs last night.  All I have left is to do
the rover logs and I will be
   ready to publish the results.  Jay - I will ship you an email with the
plaque winners so you can
   get that process started.

   Please note the 2005 GQP will go on as planned.  This however will be my
last year as the
   contest director. I have stated several times that I would like someone else
to take over but
   no one as seriously stepped forward.

  I think the club should have a vote to consider if we still want to sponsor
the GQP.  The activity
  from both the SECC and SEDXC, who are the primary sponsors is very poor. I
estimate we will
  have less than 20 entries from the state of Georgia this year. It was even
less last year.  The
  participation outside of Georgia is great and we have a whole bunch of nice
plaques to give away.
  This lack of  in-state "support" puzzles me.  A serious SO could probably
make over 1000 QSO's. A
  couple years ago K4BAI and I made 1800 QSO's mobile !!

  If it were my decision I would discontinue to QSO party because it's not
worth the effort I put into it.
 I will leave that decision to the club to vote on ....

  Jeff