[SECC] Promo message for NC QSO Party this weekend

Subject: [SECC] Promo message for NC QSO Party this weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:20:24 -0500
50 hours until the NC QSO party- I updated the map this morning, filling
in Nash county as we had WA4DOU chime in as fixed on CW from there- The
Raleigh to Morehead City corridor is still open- hope to hear from someone
who wants to take a drive to the beach on Sunday! There are also several
sporadic counties not yet heard from.
Here are some tips to enjoy the contest even more.
1. Work the mobiles and set them in memory to get them as they change
counties.
2. Listen in on the nets- there are too many to list, but many deal with
county hunters, ARES, and RV groups- if you check in you may become a hot
property if you're in a less ham populated county.
3. Always QRL before CQ'ing- It has been mentioned that the NC QSO party
is very cordial, and let mobiles use the frequency quickly before they
move- lets keep up with our reputation!
4. Be sure to send your summary sheet along with the log- attach both to
an email. call the log yourcall.log and the summary yourcall.sum.
5. Try to work as many NC counties as you can- we always award a special
"Most NC mults" award.

Mobiles, please drive safely- Thanks to everyone for youre support of the
NC QSO party. We have  just a couple days to spread the word- if you're
involved in NC ARES or other state nets, please mention the event to them
so we get as many counties active as possible.

I will try to update the map right up until the start of the event. I have
turned moderation off for the next 2 days to allow folks to post without
having to gain approval, as I wont be near the computer tomorrow. if
something stupid slips through, I'll change it immediately.

Be sure to take pictures of your station or club setup - Or the covered
dish supper- or dogs on the grill- I want to include lots of pictures in
this year's results.
Have fun, and good luck- hope to work you from wherever I end up!
best 73-
Henry Heidtmann, W2DZO
NC QSO Party chair
FARC- Winston-Salem, NC

Visit the official site for the NC QSO Party at
http://www.w4nc.com
Home of the Forsyth Amateur Radio Club, W4NC in Winston-salem, North
Carolina.
Yahoo! Groups Links