[SECC] PJ9GIW

Subject: [SECC] PJ9GIW
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Mon Jan 10 23:17:36 2005
think that I comb my hair in the morning, but it is mostly an
illusion.
73,
John

Pictures brought back many memories. Don't think I've ever mentioned
that John unintentionally tried to walk through a plate glass sliding
door, about 3 hours before the contest started. Nasty cut on his lip.
So there we were, 3 hours from the start, and missing the best 40
meter op I have even known. Bundled him into a car and I and one other
made a speed run to the hospital in town, with John protesting all the
way that he was "OK".

When John saw the doctor at the hospital, he rapidly changed his mind.
Now, remember this is long before Weezie. But that Doc was a
knock-em-down-drag-em-out beauty. Maybe there aren't any 10s, but she
was probably the closest I have ever seen. Anyway, she stiched up
John's lip, gave him some painkillers, and cleared him to go.

Trouble was John didn't want to. Head over heels in love with that
lady doctor. To hell with the contest.

As I remember, we had to tie him up with a rope, and use the car to
get him back to the
bay. We wanted to sedate him, but figured that would slow him down
operating. And btw, that young fellow turned in at least 1 300 + hour
on 40.

Long time ago....

):>
Ed

BTW, that plate glass door ( and the others like it ) had been cleaned
so well that we had to put tape on the glass so people would know it
was closed.