[SECC] Other Contests Last Weekend

Subject: [SECC] Other Contests Last Weekend
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Sep 20 15:16:36 2004
In other contests last weekend, between working in the yard, going to
Sunday School and church, two family dinners, and a tennis match, I made
a few QSOs.  These contests were not on the 3830 score submittal page.

QCWA QSO Party.  36 CW QSOs, 1 SSB QSO, about 1/2 on 40 and 2/3 on 20,
37 mults including the club station W2MM and the special call for the
annual QCWA convention, VE3QCWA for a score of 1,971 points in 1.9
hours.  This used to be a very popular contest, but there isn't much
activity these days, especially on SSB.

QRP Afield, sponsored by NEQRP Club.  1.1 hours QRP 24 QSOs including
the bonus station WQ1RP x 18 SPC = 2430 points.  Seemed to be fair
amount of activity on 20 M.  Didn't get a chance to listen on 40 M for
activity there.

15 meters seemed to be closed everywhere on Sat when I listened, but had
good opening to Washington state and elsewhere on Sunday.  10 M seemed
to be dead both days except for a few weak LU signals on Sunday afternoon.

Had a call from K4EA on 15 Sunday.  He was getting ready for a 15 M
single band entry in next weekend's WW RTTY Contest.

73,

John, K4BAI.