[SECC]

Subject: [SECC]
From: k4sb at bellsouth.net (K4SB)
Date: Sun Sep 19 15:17:44 2004
Well, I guess I am the most lucky so far. Lost one end of a 3/16"
dacron line which was strung across the rear of the back yard. ( hoped
to use it as a director for my 40 dipole. Tree climbing time all
required to repair.

In the rear of the lot ( nothing there except trees ) I had a 100'
pine come down. And it took out a 70' popular. But the funny thing is
the tree separated at about 7 feet up
and for the life of me, it looks like it didn't break, but was twisted
until it fell.
I almost suspect a micro burst instead of the wind which wasn't that
bad here. It literally looks like someone ( BIG someone ) grabbed it
at about 12' and near the ground, and started twisting it until it
broke.

2 hours with chain saw so far, and not even a good dent in removing
it. About 20" across at the base.

Sorry to hear of you other guys trouble, but at least no one was hurt.

73
Ed