[SECC] Monthly Informal SECC Meeting

Subject: [SECC] Monthly Informal SECC Meeting
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Sep 8 10:13:02 2004

  Back before I moved to Georgia we would make a couple trips down from Ohio to
visit the relatives in Roswell. Before these trips I would send out an email
to see if any SECC types would like to get together for lunch somewhere. It
turned out that we did this several times and K4OGG,K2UFT,AA4GA,N4LR,W4ATL,
AA4LR,KU8E and others met for lunch several times on a Saturday afternoon at
Panera Bread Company, in Dunwoody for lunch and some fun contesting talk.

I wonder if there would be any interest in reviving this lunch meeting ??
Maybe we could pick a Saturday every month and have an informal lunch meeting
and enjoy some contesting camradrie. This would not be a required meeting and
for those who don't want to participate... that's OK.

 I propose we meet at noon at the Panara in Dunwoody - see
 http://www.panerabread.com/Map.aspx?LocationId=391 for a map. Or maybe we
could switch it around to different places around Atlanta. I know NQ4I has a
Mexican restraunt that we always go to after a contest at his place, which
would be another possibility.

Here is a proposed schedule for the next 6 months that would avoid major
contest weekends -

Sept 18th
Oct  23rd - Saturday before CQWW SSB
Nov  13th - Saturday between SS CW and SS Phone
Dec  18th
Jan  15th, 2005
Feb  12th, 2005 - Saturday before ARRL DX CW

Kent - maybe you could put this on the webpage ???  What does everyone think
about this ???

                              Jeff