[SECC] Frances

Subject: [SECC] Frances
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Sep 7 14:20:00 2004
 I hope everybody's antennas are holding up OK. The past two days have been my
first exposure to a tropical storm in the SE. The winds were pretty scary last
night - a steady 30 MPH maybe gusting to 45 mph or so. We also had monsoon like
rain all night long. I just couldn't imagine what hurricane force would be
like. Unfortunately, we are one of the 500,000 people in Georgia whose power is
out. We lost ours around 11 PM last night and it is still out as of this
afternoon. Two of my three wire antennas blew down so I will have some work to
do in the back when things calm down.... Hopefully Ivan will stay away
from us...
                         73, Jeff