[SECC] NCJ -The National Contest Journal Sept/Oct 2004 - ContestRcvr Dat

Subject: [SECC] NCJ -The National Contest Journal Sept/Oct 2004 - ContestRcvr Data
From: gordondurk at knology.net (Don Durk, ka1dwx)
Date: Mon Sep 6 11:02:13 2004
Hi John and tnx for the info!  I'll check it out in the next
day or two  and give you my thoughts as I 've got family in
town this weekend. I offered the info as I know several
folks here around Huntsville who are avid contesters and we
all end up discussing antennas and receivers.  I believe the
article info is excellent for the ham who is
interested in both contest and non contest environs. At
Dayton,  a good seminar was given about the importance of
'roofing'  filters in contest conditions and how Ten Tec/K2
are currently in  leadership positions in this area. The
'roofing'  discussion  per se is not specifically included
in the SP7HT  material although some of it may be inferred.
I think that many of  folks missed the 'roofing'  seminar
and may
find the comparative analysis a useful  'intro'.

        Regarding SP7HQ, Tadek's comparative analysis, he
states
quite specifically that the  parameters and his weighting of
importance is   "...my own personal opinion in estimating
the
usefulness of HF receivers for  DXing" . I  believe what he
says....
he's not concentrating on contesting, rather on DX pile ups.

            I will be sending out copies of the article
later this week to 10 or 15SECC  folks who expressed
interest. After reviewing the data you've mentioned,  I'll
include  a cross  reference to the net exchanges you
mentioned and let folks draw their own conclusions.
I assume I can do this without asking each  e mailer for
permission as I won't be quoting from their material, merely
cross referencing. What do you think?

Tnx, Don........    KA1DWX

p.s. - Would you like a copy of the article?