[SECC]

Subject: [SECC]
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Sep 2 14:34:09 2004
 I think the roster needs to be cleaned up as well. We have a core of maybe
 30 stations out of over 100 on the club roster that are active in the club.
 That means 70% of the club is not active in any way.

 In the two years I have lived in GA I have not seen these people at a club
meeting, on the reflector, or even submit a score for SECC. Maybe someone who
has time can do some analysis on the ARRL contest website to see who has been
submitting scores.

 I have to admit I am very disappointed with my experience with SECC so far,
since I have moved here from Ohio. I have made a few new contesting friends but
that's about it. I miss the social events (meetings) that were part of
belonging to the Mad River Radio club.

 I have actually become kind of apathic toward expending my energy torwards
doing things such as updating the web page or even doing a FT effort in a
contest and submitting my score for SECC. I have a limited amount of time , for
radio, because I have a young family I am raising. Why waste my time if no one
even cares. I am at the point now that I would probably just give up running
the GQP if someone else in the club wanted to run it, but I don't think there
is anyone else in the club that wants to do it.

We need to have some club activities to rally around and until that happens I
see nothing changing

                       73, Jeff