[SECC] Beam stuck update

Subject: [SECC] Beam stuck update
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Sat Aug 28 01:50:46 2004
Thanks for all the replies and offers of assistance.  For those who asked I
have the EZ sling from Virginia.  For my efforts I have three filament lines
tangled in trees and this was back when the trees had no leaves.

I have the beam clear and pointing south.  I have someone coming to get a
rope over the tip of the branch so i can turn the antennas North. Then I can
reach the elements that require repair after I crank the tower down.  At
least I have identified another branch to trim with the next visit of the
tree man.

My problem is the top of the tower was well above the trees when I put it up
26 years ago.  But trees grow up and out and towers don't (unless you stack
Rohn sections).  I have been controlling the up but the growing out caught
me this time.

73 Dave K4JRB