[SECC] This Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] This Weekend's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed Aug 18 17:15:44 2004
Hello all:

Anyone who likes to make contest contacts should be able to find
something to please this weekend.  This is without mentioning the ARRL
10 gigahertz and up contest and the CQC QRP contest on UHF and VHF.  See
WA7BNM's page for info on those.  I don't know of anyone of our members
who would participate in either of those.

In the order of start times:

1.  SARTG WW RTTY Contest.  00Z - 08Z Sat, 16Z - 24 Z Sat, and 08Z - 16
Z Sun.  80 - 10 M.  Exchange:  RST + serial no. from 001.  Use of
spotting info is permitted.  SOAB entries may also choose one single
band to enter as SOSB.  All stations count for points.  Mults are DXCC
countries and call areas in VK, VE, JA, and W.  As a result of the
multiplier setup, stations operating outside their callarea must sign
/x, such as KU8E must sign KU8E/4.
http://www.sartg.com/contest/wwrules.htm.

2.  Russian District Award Contest.  Sat. 10 - 22 Z.  Second running.
160 - 10 M.  CW and SSB.  Exchange:  RS(T) + Russian District Code
(e.g., TB02).  Others:  RS(T) + QSO #.  Points are awarded only for
contacts within Russia for those outside Russia.
http://www.rdaward.org/rda_contest1.htm.

3.  Keyman's Club of Japan Contest.  This is the first time I have
understood that non-JA stations could participate.  Sat 12Z to Sun 12Z.
  CW only.  160 - 10 M.  Exchange:  RST + JA Prefature/District Code
(two letters).  Non JAs:RST + Continent Code.  (North America is NA, of
course.)  Suggested frequencies:  1810-25, 3510-25, 7010-30, 14050-080,
21050-080, 28050-080, 50050-090.  We may work only JA stations.  They
apparently are encouraging US participation by providing an award for
the high scoring station in each US state, who makes at least ten
points.  A list of Prefature/District Codes is available on the website.
  http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~kcj/e_kcjrule25.htm.

4.  Seanet Contest.  12Z Sat - 12Z Sun.  CW, Phone, Digital.  160 - 10
M.  Exchange:  RS(T) + Serial #.  We may work only "Seanet Area"
stations.  A list of "Seanet" ITU Zones and DXCC countries is on the
website.  Suggested frequencies are up 25 khz on CW plus SSB on 7090,
14220, 21320, and 28320.  http://www.seanet2004.com/.

5.  North American QSO Party, SSB.  18 Z Sat to 06Z Sun.  Maximum for
single ops is 10 hours.  Multipliers are per band, SPC in NA.  Stations
outside NA may be contacted for points.  SSB. 160 - 10 M.  Exchange:
Name plus SPC.  For stations outside NA, the name is all that is
required, but your logging software may require something entered in the
QTH area.  If so, type in "DX."  Macimum power permitted is 100 watts
output.  http://www.ncjweb.com/naqprules.php.

6.  New Jersey QSO Party.  10Z Sat to 07Z Sun.  13 Z Sun to 02Z Mon.
CW/Phone.  160 - 2 M.  Exchange:  Serial # + SPC or NJ County.
Suggested frequencies:  1810, 3535, 7035, 21100 (!), 28100 (!); 3950,
7235, 14285, 21355, 28400.  List of county abbreviations is on webpage.
  http://www.qsl.net/w2rj/index/html.  If you get and give all the
information for both contests, NAQP and NJ QSO Party SSB contacts could
count for both contests.  K2VOA is usually plugging away in the NJ QSO
Party in the middle of the NAQP activity and will, no doubt, give his
name upon request.  You can give him a QSO # and each of you can count
the contact for either or both contests.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and makes a lot of contacts.

73,

John, K4BAI.