[SECC] BPL

Subject: [SECC] BPL
From: GMacie at innotrac.com (Macie, Gordon)
Date: Thu Jun 24 17:39:37 2004

Excerpt from Mr. Russell interview today at 4 pm. See ARRL.ORG for info.

Richard Russell is Senior Director of Technology for the White House..

For more details ...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/20040624.html
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/20040624.html>

 Cnythia, from Fairfax, VA writes:
I know that the President would like to see Broadband deployed fully across
the United States and made available to everyone who would like to have it.
Is the President aware of and supportive of the emerging technology,
Broadband over Power Lines (BPL)?

Richard Russell
Personally, I am energized about Broadband over Power Lines. Today, the
President spoke about the potential for BPL. The Department of Commerce has
made over 10 million measurements that will help address interference issues
associated with BPL. By addressing these issues, we hope that Broadband over
Power lines can be rolled out responsibly and create another broadband
channel into the home.

  _____

  _____

Richard Russell
Thank you all. I enjoyed having a chance to chat with you today. I hope to
be able to chat with you again in the future.

 <http://www.whitehouse.gov/ask/print/20040624.html>

NOT GOOD !!!!.. The govt is going to ramrod this through irregardless of the
facts..

Gordon N4LR

  <http://www.whitehouse.gov/images/pixel.gif>

  <http://www.whitehouse.gov/images/pixel.gif>