[SECC] This Weekend's Contests

Subject: [SECC] This Weekend's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Jun 10 13:44:19 2004
Hello all:

The big contest for most of us this weekend will be the ARRL June VHF
Contest.  I will be QRV if I can catch a band opening on 6 M.  It can be
a lot of fun if the band opens well during the contest period.  Note
that it runs until 11 PM Sunday night EDT and we often get a Sunday
night band opening.

There is also a worldwide RTTY/digital contest sponsored by the VKs and
a couple of SSB contests too.

In the order of their start times:

1.  ANARTS WW RTTY Contest.  00 Z Sat to 24 Z Sun.  30 hour maximum for
single ops.  80 - 10 M all digital modes except CW including PSK.
Exchange:  RST + UTC time + CQ Zone #.  QSO points are calculated from a
chart on the webpage depening on zones.  Double points for QSOs with
VK2SG.  Bonus points for VK QSOs on each band.  Multipliers are DXCC
countries and call areas in VK, JA, K, VE.  No multiplier credit for
QSOs with your own multiplier, but you do get point credit for such
QSOs.  GA/SC stations are in zone 05 and AL stations are in zone 04.
The longest URL I have ever seen for contest rules.
http:www.users.bigpond.com/ctdavies/Anarts9620RTTY9620Contest9620Information.htm.

2.  Portugal Day Contest.  80 - 10 M SSB.  00 to 14 Z Sat.  CT stations
send RS + District in CT.  Others send RS + serial #.  Contacts with CT
stations for us = 6 points.  We may contact anyone else outside our own
DXCC country for 3 points.  Contacts with own DXCC country for mult
only.  Mults are CT districts and DXCC countries per band.
http://www.rep.pt/PDFs/Dia_Portugal_eng.pdf.

3.  Asia-Pacific Sprint SSB  11 - 13 Z Sat.  15 and 20 M SSB.  Exchange:
  RS + serial #.  Station receiving an answer must QSY at least 6 khz
after the QSO.  A-P stations are limited to 150 watts, but we may use
full legal limit.  We should be able to QSO a lot of A-P stations at
these hours (7 to 9 AM EDT) on 20 M.  It is possible, but not likely,
that 15 M could produce some QSOs.  The top A-P stations will be QRV, so
get on and give them some points.  http://jsfc.org/apsprint/aprule.txt.

4.  ARRL June VHF QSO Party.  18 Z Sat to 03 Z Mon.  50 mhz band + up.
Exchange:  4 character grid square (example:  EM72).
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/june-vhf.html.  Remember that
KU8E will be a rover station in NW Fla.

Have fun this weekend.  73, John, K4BAI.