[SECC] Thsi weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] Thsi weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Wed Apr 21 17:04:47 2004
Hello all:

Looks like something for almost everyone this weekend.  Naturally, I
hope you will all give priority to working me and Jeff, KU8E, as K4BAI/M
in the Florida QSO Party.  Routes may be viewed on the website.  There
will be a lot of other mobiles out.  N4PN will be QRV from his St.
George Island, FL super QTH.  Jeff and I plan on being in 34 Florida
counties and working both CW and SSB.

This weekend, there is an international contest CW/SSB, three state QSO
parties, a RTTY contest, a PSK-31 QRP contest, and a CW QRP contest.
Also one on UHF.  So far, there have been no requests for information
summaries on UHF contests.  In the order of starting times, here they are:

1.  SPDX RTTY Contest.  12 UTC Sat Apr 24 to 12 UTC Sun Apr 25.  80
through 10 M Baudot only.  All except SP stations send RST + Serial #.
SP stations  send RST + single letter abbreviation for province (max 16
per band).  http://www.pkrvg.org/zbior.html.  Everyone can work everyone.

2.  Helvetia Contest (HB).  13 UTC Sat to 13 UTC Sun.  160 - 10 CW/SSB
(except no SSB on 160).  Exchange RS(T) + serial #.  HB stations also
send two letter abbreviation for their Canton.  I always enjoy working
HB stations in this contest.  You can work only HB stations.  Some will
be portable way up in the Alps.

3.  QRP to the Field 2004 - Battle Stations.  15 to 24 UTC Sat.  Operate
maximum of 6 or the 9 hours.  Maybe broken up or continuous.  7040,
14060, 21060, 28060.  Only these four bands. CW only.  Run 5 watts or
less.  Field stations are encouraged to locate on battlefields (with
permission of course).  Exchange:  RST + SPC.
http://www.zianet.com/na5n/qttfruls.html.

4.  Florida QSO Party.  Two periods:  16 UTC Sat to 0159 UTC Sun.  12 to
2159 UTC Sun.  Exchange:  RS(T) and SPC or Fl county.  CW 2 pts; SSB 1
pt.  Mults count per mode but not per band.  67 counties.  All will
probably be active.  Special award for the first station to work all 67
counties.  (One year recently GM3POI worked all 67 counties from
Scotland).  Awards at QRP, LP (up to 150 watts) and HP levels.  You may
enter all CW, all SSB, or mixed modes.  Of course, work Fl mobiles as
separate stations in each county.  (In most logging programs, there is
an option such as "QTH must match for Dupes."   Select that option so
that the same mobile station will not be counted as a dupe.  If you
can't do that, don't worry about it.  Just work them again and the
Cabrillo logchecking will determine whether it is a dupe or not.)  40
through 10 M.  (note no 80 meter operation).  Suggested frequencies:  35
khz up on CW; 7260, 14260, 21335, 28485.
http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/rules.html.

5.  Kentucky QSO Party.  Note:  Be sure the four-land station you work
is in Florida or Kentucky.  16 UTC Sat to 04 UTC Sunday.  CW:  50 khz
up.  SSB:  3870, 7245, 14245, 21320, 28320.  CW only, SSB only, digital
only, or mixed mode.  Digital includes PSK31 and RTTY but contacts may
be made on each submode with the same station on the same band.  Rovers
should identify themselves as such (CW stations sign call/R).  120
counties available plus extra mult for KY4KY QSO. Exchange:  Name and
SPC or KY county.  http://www.qsl.net/ky4ky/kyqsopartyrules.html.

6.  Nebraska QSO Party.  17 UTC Sat to 17 UTC Sun.  (You can actually
call CQ NE all through the night!)  93 counties (most of them rare) are
in the state.  Exchange:  RS(T) and SPC or Nebraska county.  There are
power mults for QRP and LP stations.  160 - 2 meters.  CW:  1805 + 35
khz up.  Phone:  1915, 3865, 7265, 14265, 21365, 28465, 146.460.
http://.qsl.net/hdxa/neqso/neqso.htm.

7.  CQC 2004 PSK31 Kontest.  Sat 19 UTC until Sun 01 UTC.  Exchange:
RST, SPC, Name, CQC # or power output, rig.  (Example:  KI0RB de W0CQC
559, CO, Vince, 432 (or 5W), Elecraft K2.  (Does that mean I would have
to send Yaesu FT1000MP or could I leave Yaesu out?)  Bonus points for
working W0CQC.  Mults = SPC plus letters of the alphabet represented by
first names worked (max 26).  (Xerxes would have been a new multiplier
for everyone!)  http://www.cqc.org/contests/psk31_2004.htm.

Hope everyone has fun and a lot of QSOs this weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.