[SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score 2004 Wis QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI Claimed Score 2004 Wis QSO Party
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Mar 15 10:00:07 2004
The Wisconsin guys got both mobile and fixed stations out in force on
Sunday for their 7-hour QSO Party.  More CW activity than SSB.
Conditions were pretty poor on 20 and I heard no Wis signals on 15 or
10.  Skip on 20 was too long most of the time.

I intended to run 100 watts and take advantage of a power multiplier,
but I forgot to turn the amplifier off and only discovered that after
about 10 QSOs, so I left it on.  No doubt that helped to work Wis
stations on 40 meters throughout the afternoon.  I could hear and work
some of the mobiles even at the start of the contest on 40.  Some were
too weak until the skip lengthened out after 4 PM or so.

One of the most active mobiles was our own Larry Hammel, K5OT.

Report is below.  73, John, K4BAI.

                     Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.9

    80:   34     10
    40:  109     17
    20:   75     19
    15:    0      0
    10:    0      0
     6:    0      0
     2:    0      0
Total:  218     46  Mults = 65  Total Score = 31,330.0

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, end fed wire.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/