[SECC] GQP Update

Subject: [SECC] GQP Update
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 09:21:16 2004
Hi All...

 Well , I started the GQP publicity blitz this week. I sent the following email
to all the ARRL affliated clubs in Georgia. Got the email addresses for them
from the ARRL's website :

the Southeastern DX Club, will be held on the weekend of April 10th- 11th ,
2004. Please encourage your club members to participate in this event. It is a
great opportunity to help those trying to get the Worked All Georgia (WAG)
award , to work many of the rare counties they are missing to earn their
certificate. Please see the WAG webpage at
http://www.w4doc.org/arc/wagaward.htm

  There are also many plaques and certificates available in different operating
classes. Please see the complete rules at
http://gqp.contesting.com/Rules.htm .

Hope to hear you on the air.

  73, Jeff Clarke  KU8E , 2004 Georgia QSO Party Director

I also have contacted our section manager - AF4FO and Susan is going to publish
this in the section newsletter. I believe they have a website as well.

 I know there is some disagreement among the membership that we are holding the
GQP over Easter weekend this year . The decision was made via a membership vote
(that were present during the last meeting) not to change this date. I'm sure
the issue of how we vote will be discussed at our next meeting. But for now the
majority rules and we will have to go with that decision. I am asking everyone
in the SECC (and SEDXC) to please support the contest. Any operating time you
can spare during the weekend would be greatly appreciated. I heard the comment
from many of last years out of state entries that the rovers kept the contest
interesting but there was a lack of fixed stations in GA to work.

Update on log checking : I have started the process and expect to put a big
dent into it this weekend. It is my goal to have the final results published on
the GQP website by April 1st.

 Again... Please help me publicize the contest. If you also belong to a local
club please encourage your fellow club members to participate. Also stress that
the GQP is not just a contest but also an operating event which we are
assisting those such as county hunters , those trying to achieve the WAG award,
etc.....  in reaching their goals....

      Thanks,  Jeff  KU8E