[SECC] W5XX on the ARRL License Restructuring Plan

Subject: [SECC] W5XX on the ARRL License Restructuring Plan
From: k4vu at bellsouth.net (Robin Gist)
Date: Fri Jan 30 23:24:37 2004
btw, i personally don't want to give any no-code access to HF.  and
especially on the lowbands.  however, the ARRL and the codefree HF ruling at
the WRC, have forced me to do something -- anything -- to preserve some
integrity in the service.  and i'm certainly not trying to stroke my own ego
or anything -- i just am not the kind of person to complain and do nothing.
i can't just sit around and watch generals getting miffed because suddenly
all they've worked for has been reduced to practically nothing.  and for the
very fact you stated about newbies -- bad operating habits -- is exactly
what i fear happening.  imagine those same folks on 75ssb having their
nightly WeedEater roundtable having to deal with newbies dropping their bad
habits on top of them (such as calling cq without asking if the frequency is
in use).  it just ain't gonna be pretty when bubba rips 'em a new one
because he was qrm'd while describing how his xyl's closet smells like
mothballs.

73/Robin/K4VU