[SECC] NAQP CW

Subject: [SECC] NAQP CW
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Sun Jan 11 15:05:39 2004
On 1/10/04 11:43 PM, Gary McConville at wb4sq@yahoo.com wrote:

>Call: WB4SQ
>Total 192    88      Total Score = 16,896
>

>Soapbox:  My first cw contest ever.

Gary, you did a great job. You hung right in there for both our Qs (10m
and 15m, if I remember).

>Guess I was too rough with the Heathkit keyer cause it
>kept moving around on the desk, and had to reorientate
>the keyer many times resulting in sloppy sending.

You also had a severe problem with chirp, especially on the first key
closure. On 15m, when you called me, I distinctly heard MB4SQ, since the
first dit was so far off frequency that it fell outside the range of my
filters.

The chirp made your signal hard to copy. You might want to check into it.
What rig where you using?

>FUN...

Yeah, I only worked the first 5 hours of the contest -- I was having so
much fun on 15m that I moved to 20m way late. Fun is definitely the word
I was use!

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901