[SECC] NAQP

Subject: [SECC] NAQP
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri Jan 9 08:06:47 2004
On 12/29/03 8:50 AM, Macie, Gordon at GMacie@innotrac.com wrote:

>I haven't operated a NAQP but it looks like a lot of band changing is a key
>to doing well.

Moving multiplers is a key strategy toward getting a higher score, but I
think it only becomes definitive at the higher levels of the competition.
You can make a decent score with less than a dozen band changes if you
like.

The bottom line is the NAQP is a lot of fun, and even small pistols can
play. NAQP is one of the few contests I've been able to successfully run
stations with my modest setup -- largely because I'm not competing
against a lot of kW stations.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901