[SECC] re : 30 Meter Antenna

Subject: [SECC] re : 30 Meter Antenna
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Oct 14 10:13:57 2003
 Hi...

 Good news.. I managed to get thru and work BQ9P on 30 meters this morning !!

  Thanks to everyone for their ideas. I ended up putting up a Half Square.
 The interesting thing is I ended up working him on the zepp !!  I guess he
 is coming in on some type of skew path over Europe ?? I have the Half Square
 pointed right towards him but he was much weaker on it. I know it's working and
 is directional because I worked some UA9/UA0 stations on it that I couldn't
 even hear on the zepp. Plus EU is down on it compared to my zepp, which is
what should be expected. The zepp is somewhat directional toward EU - 88 feet
 total - 44 feet each side - which is pretty close to being two half waves in
 phase.

  I would be interested in hearing reports from others that have worked him on
30 meters and what direction he was peaking from ??? For a skew path signal he
was pretty loud but seemed to have lots of trouble hearing people. Maybe
becuase the pileup was just big...

                           73, Jeff