[SECC] PaQP WB6BWZ Single Op QRP

Subject: [SECC] PaQP WB6BWZ Single Op QRP
From: Matt at Tenn-Valley.com (Matt Lee, WB6BWZ)
Date: Sun Oct 12 20:31:42 2003
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: WB6BWZ
Operator(s): WB6BWZ
Station: WB6BWZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Atlanta, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.1 (22 max)

  160:
   80:   13
   40:   24
   20:   34     32
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   71     32  Mults = 42  Total Score = 12,180.0

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

<http://www.nittany-arc.org/parules.html>

My second PaQP:

           2003       2002
          ------     ------

Score     12180      13365       -1185
Hours         9         13       -   4
Counties,
67 total     42         45       -   3

80 CW        13         11       +   2
40 CW        24         13       +  11
20 CW        34         42       -   8
20 SSB       32         44       -  12
         --------   --------     ------
Total    103 QSOs   110 QSOs     -   7

Nominal Distance, Atlanta-Pennsylvania: 600 miles

Never heard Bonus Station W3KWH.

Heard SECC member W4NTI (Alabama) several times with consistent 599+++ signals!

Began my first hour (17 QSOs) in a light drizzle at 1243 ET on 20 CW and SSB
from the Athens Boat Club area on Lake Lanier (50 miles NNE of Atlanta) during
the NoGaQRP <http://www.NoGaQRP.org/> "Run For The Kudzu" annual operating
event, http://www.qsl.net/nogaqrp/activities/rftk2003/rftk2003.html.

   Experimented with a Magnetic Slot (aka Rectangular Loop) 35-ft horizontal x
5-ft vertical 12-gauge insulated wire "field" antenna between trees. It was fed
in the middle of a vertical wire via an SGC SG-237 autotuner. Bi-directional
loop was aimed northeast (broadside) to favor Pennsylvania. Lower wire was 4
feet above ground.

Yaesu FT-817 QRP transceiver. 5 watts into a 5-MHz OCF 28-gauge insulated wire
stealth antenna up 40 feet in heavy foliage trees next to I-75 in downtown
Atlanta industrial area. SGC SG-237 autotuner. Manual logging using WriteLog
10.42c, no CAT interface.

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ
Atlanta, Georgia USA