[SECC] 2003 Calif QSO Party - K4BAI

Subject: [SECC] 2003 Calif QSO Party - K4BAI
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Oct 6 15:03:35 2003
Hello all:

California QSO Party was a lot of fun this year.  Probably more QSOs
than ever before and I am pretty sure it was the first time for me to
work all Calif counties in one contest.  Paul, N4PN, was about 200 QSOs
ahead of me.  Wonder if he was low power again?

There was a lot of DX around and even California stations were working
DX.  I heard DL6RAI giving out a number above 250 and other European
stations, many JAs, NP2SH, and PJ2/NH7C were all racking up a lot of
contest points.

My last county was Sunday afternoon from Rusty, W6OAT/M (formerly K4BVD
of Columbus, GA).  Rusty was running mobile with N2RD and their entry
was inspired by the K4BAI/M entry (with KU8E) in the GQP in April.  The
last county for me was Glenn.

During the contest, I also heard and worked FO/IT9EJW (Australs) and a
few other DX stations.  Also 7 in the QCWA contest, 3 in the Oceania
Phone DX Contest (KH7X, YB0A and ZK1CG), and 19 in the RSGB 21/28 mhz
contest.  Sure looks like we will have one more good DX season even on
10 meters.  Better plan to take advantage of it!

Hope everyone has a nice week.  I will miss the contests this coming
weekend, but there should be plenty of activity.  There is a FISTS club
4 hour Sprint and the Pennsylvania QSO Party, according to my memory.
The Pa QSO Party always brings out a lot of activity.

Here is my claimed score for Cal QSO Party.  SO HP AB.

Band    CW QSOs PH QSOs
80      41       9
40      78      23
20      98      71
15      99      78
10      74     179

ALL    390     360     x    58    =   109,620.

73,

John, K4BAI.