[SECC] Georgia QSO party

Subject: [SECC] Georgia QSO party
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (Jeff Clarke)
Date: Sun Aug 17 12:47:03 2003
Hi Everyone,

 If you have been monitoring the reflector lately you have read that KD3UC has
stepped down as the Georgia
QSO Party director , effect immediately.  I will be taking over the job, Let me
be
the first to thank Jeff for his hard work during the last couple of years. He
will be
forwarding the logs to me shortly and I hope to have some type of results out
soon.
My goal right now is September.

 I am looking for this to be a new start for the GQP. Since we have until April
until
the next GQP I think this would be a good time to discuss how we want the
contest
structured. I know we voted on some issues during
the Summer meeting in Marietta, but several members expressed their opinion
here on
the reflector that
they didn't have a fair chance to express their views.

 I would also like to recruit members to help me run this thing. I am hoping
K4OGG
will continue to take care
of the plaques and certificates. I can envision other roles as log checkers and
publicity.  All these members would form the GQP Contest committee and we would
vote
on suggestions made by SECC members.

My goal is the make GQP one of the QSO parties that everyone wants to
participate in
... just like the
established ones that exist today......

                           73 Jeff  KU8E