[SECC] RE: NCVEC Files FCC Petition to End Code

Subject: [SECC] RE: NCVEC Files FCC Petition to End Code
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Thu Jul 31 09:06:02 2003
I asked K1ZZ if the ARRL was a member of the NCVEC (he didn't answer, but I'm
pretty sure
they are), and if the ARRL officially supports the petition.  Portions of his
response
follow.

On 31 Jul 2003 at 8:27, Sumner, Dave,  K1ZZ wrote:

> Lee, the petition itself states; "This request to eliminate the Morse
> code (Element 1) examination does not necessarily have the support of
> the ARRL Board since they have yet to develop a position on the
> matter."

He also sent the Board resolution that covers the subject, which basically
states that at
the time of the resolution, the ARRL did not support elimination of code
requirements in
the US.  He then stated:

> The Board will consider recommendations with regard to the
> implementation of WRC-03 changes to Article 25 (which involve much
> more than just Morse testing) at its January 2004 meeting.

Anyone care to make a wager regarding the outcome of this board meeting?
(assuming code
requirements haven't been eliminated by then)

Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia