[SECC] My First Contest - the official summary

Subject: [SECC] My First Contest - the official summary
From: scottstraw at mindspring.com (Scott Straw)
Date: Sun Mar 2 22:34:50 2003
     ARRLDXSSB Score Summary Sheet

       Start Date : 2003-03-01

    CallSign Used : KB4KBS
      Operator(s) : KB4KBS

             Band : ALL
            Power : LOW
             Mode : SSB
Default Exchange : GA
       Gridsquare : EM74sc

             Name : Scott Straw
          Address : 12960 Old course Drive
   City/State/Zip : Roswell  GA  30075
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : GA
        Club/Team : South East Contest Club

       Band  Contacts     Mults     Score
       ----  --------     -----     -----
         14        38        21      2394
         28        91        31      8463
      Total       129        52     20124

     ** Note that the number of contacts includes dupes **

      Final Score : 20124

              Rig : Kenwood TS-160 (20M) and Radio Shack HTX-10 (10M)

         Antennas : Hustler MO-2 with appropriate resonator mag-mounted to
vehicle

          Soapbox :
   I had planned to do a SOSB 10M effort, but "got the fever" and couldn't
wait for daylight.  I pulled out the 100W TS-160, put it on 20M and started
going to town.  During the day I used the 25W HTX-10 on 10M.  All of the
contacts were made in a Mobile operation mode (sometimes moving, mostly
stationary) with a Hustler MO-2 and appropriate resonator magnetically
attached to the roof of my mini van (vertical clearance 12'4").  Since I
became a ham in 1983, this was my first contest ever other than Field
Day.  You can be assured, it won't be my last!!