[SECC] grounding

Subject: [SECC] grounding
From: jpryor@arches.uga.edu (Jay Pryor)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:55:01 -0500
Archie,

I may be in the category of "an accident waiting to happen," but I've used
a rooftop tower with a tribander for about 7 years and it is not
grounded.  I would have grounded the thing but closest ground -- in the
back of the house -- is where my gas line runs out from under the house to
my outdoor grill.  I figure that if lightening followed the ground to the
gas line the results would likely be worse than if it hit an ungrounded
tower.

Happy Holidays everyone!

- Jay/K4OGG