[SECC] KA9EKJ ARRL 160M

Subject: [SECC] KA9EKJ ARRL 160M
From: rvhoeft@intergraph.com (Hoeft, Roger V)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:46:31 -0600
This year's score: 587 x 74 for 88,652, compared to 496 x 71 for 71K last year.
 This is one of my more favorite events as I can be as competitive as most
"large acreage" stations.

Interesting to hear most say noise was OK.  Not as good at my QTH.  Noise level
was well over 5 x 7 here and used the attenuator switch to block out the hash
once the sun went down.

On the good side, more Qs and a few more mults (one EU) and great club
participation.  On the bad side, missed mults around the SF area, EWA, and PAC.
 Nothing from VE4, 5, or 6 and didn't here KH6 at all.  Had to give it up
Saturday evening as I was taking too many 5 second "power naps" while hitting
the F1 key to CQ.

Low power using the trusty official Red Rider carbine action 200 shot range
model air rifle with the compass in the stock.

Oops.  Let's try the trusty TS830S and inverted L up 75ft.  No Rxs, but eyeing
the K9AY loop for CQWW160.

You guys have a great and safe holiday season.  See ya next year for NAQP.

        Roger ...
        KA9EKJ