[SECC] SS QRP

Subject: [SECC] SS QRP
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:04:30 -0500
Only had a few minutes to look around for SECC members and heard three,
worked 2.
Worked W4ATL and K4BAI on a borrowed K2 5 watt transceiver.  Took several
tries with
W4ATL on 7162 even with the beam for him to get me all correct.   Also heard
KT4Q
several times but he could not hear the K2 on 75 or 10.

I did look around and contacted two new YL operators.  KG4NWS was begging on
3905
from SC.  She and K4BAI heard my QRP to a half square on the first try.   I
found KR1STA
(an 11 year old YL) from Hawaii on 21415 and worked her on the third try.
She had just over 300Q's and seemed to be holding her own.  She QRT when her
dad called her to quit and
go somewhere.  He must not be a ham as this was broadcast to all who were
listening on
21415.   She was first licensed in 1998.

Will send my meager 13 QRP QSOs to ARRL as a check log.

73 Dave K4JRB