[SECC] CQ WW CW DXpeditions

Subject: [SECC] CQ WW CW DXpeditions
From: redd@analog.org (Scott Redd)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:05:48 -0500
Piggybacking on Greg's question and Bob's comment, I'll be at P40Q for CQWW
CW in an SOABHP attempt to win the last of the big six (assuming my P41P CW
WPX score from this year holds).  First four (CQWW Phone, CQ WPX Phone, and
both modes ARRL) were won from Mexico a mere 30 years ago. . . took some
time off.  We're having the family come down for week after contest
(Thanksgiving) so in our case it's a boon to have it on a non-holiday
weekend.  Being on sabbatical helps as well.

That task will be a major uphill climb with W2GD at P40W about a mile away
and CT1BOH at Jacky, P43P (where I've operated before), but hope sprints
eternal.  I'll be at Carl, P49V's, QTH and will probably be the last rented
gun there as he's sold the station to another W6.  Think we'll all be in the
"heavyweight" class so no shortage of RF from Aruba.

In any event, 6 band QSO's greatly appreciated, especially from XT2DX!

Blessings and a happy Thanksgiving to all.

Scott K0DQ / A92Q / P40Q

Scott Redd
Vice Admiral, U. S. Navy (Retired)
Chairman and President, JSR Associates, Inc.