[SECC] NA Sprint CW

Subject: [SECC] NA Sprint CW
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:48:50 -0400
Hello all:

Thanks for the activity and QSOs in the sprint last night.

Congrats to W4AN on a fabulous score (386 x 47).

Here are my results:

20    115
40    111
20    85
ALL  311 x 45 = 13,995.

I don't think I worked or heard ME, RI, AL, AR, WY, HI, AK, IA KS, NE,
VE1, 2, 4,6, 8, 9, VO, VY.  I heard, but did not work, SD.  Only DX
heard/worked were NP4Z and 8P9JG (N5KO at key) on 20 and 40 and FM5CW
(QRP I think) on 20.

Thanks fo rthe QSOs SECC members:  K4AAA, W4OC, K9AY (Thanks and good
luck, Gary), KU8E, WA4TT,  AA4LR.  Heard, but not worked (sorry) K4OGG,
K4GA.  Hope I didn't forget anybody.

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, about 1 KW output QSK, TH6DXX with bad rotator, 40
meter dipole, 80 meter inverted vee (also used on 20 for a few QSOs due
to rotator problems--fed on 20 through a big MFJ tuner).

I felt the rates were good on 20 and 40 and on 80 at the beginning.
Rates dropped on 80 toward the end (QRN elsewhere?  or people just went
to bed?).  Probably should have gone back to 40 for the last few
minutes?

Will be in town and can be QRV next weekend in the SSB Sprint, but I
can't ever do very well in the General Class bands on 40 and 75.  So, if
someone makes up a team, put me down toward the end of the list.

Have a good week.  73, John, K4BAI.