[SECC] GQP -thanks...great weekend!!

Subject: [SECC] GQP -thanks...great weekend!!
From: k4mut@juno.com (k4mut@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:34:03 +0100
Hi folks...
Thanks for a great weekend.  I really enjoyed the drive through the GA
countryside, 50 counties.  The solar flare hit in Hall County, about the
time I hit the construction halt around I-85 exit 113. I bailed out cross
country down Rt 20 and saw a little different part of the county, but
probably no faster.  Lost more time there than expected and, as a result,
did not quite make it to Jasper before the witching hour. The worst part
was the long drive back to my bed in Macon...took a long time because GA
hunters must be terrible shots. I passed easily more than 1000 deer on
US129.  Seemed that there was a herd of about 40-50 every 1/8 mile.

Sunday, the thunderstorm in Treutlen County really got my attention, and
I pulled off under the highway for about an hour to watch the fireworks.
Better a delay than to be the object of the storm's affection.

Also, minor technical problems... the screwdriver antenna became erratic
after the first hour and I switched to a hamstick on the roof and did not
seem to lose much in performance. That made changing bands much more
difficult, though, so I stayed mostly on 20 where most of the action
seemed to be.

I had not planned to do this solo, but my driver bailed out at the last
minute due to conflicting family scheduling (kids never know til the last
minute about their concert that has been scheduled for nearly a year). My
drriving, operating, logging at the same time is slowly improving,
though.

After I catch up on a few things here, I will get to the logs in a week
or so.  No chance that I can compete with the regulars, but I really
enjoyed the party.

73,
BOB/k4mut

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!