[SECC] Ga QSO Party

Subject: [SECC] Ga QSO Party
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John T. Laney, III)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 08:24:02 -0400
Hello all:

I also turned for home when the bands went dead at 4:05 PM.  I pride
myself on never quitting, but I had just taken 8 days away from the
family for the trip to Finland and I was to miss a party for an engaged
couple that my I, my wife, and daughter had been invited to.  So, I went
home, went to the party with Weesie, and operated the last 140 minutes
from home (activity light...169 QSOs, but K4MUT, N4PN, KU8E, NY4N still
out there running),

After early church today, I will start out again and cover some of the
following counties, depending on when I have to pick up KO4RR after his
trip and how long it takes in each.

Muscogee
Talbot
Taylor
Macon
Crawford (no QSOs yesterday during the blackout)
Peach
Houston
Dooly
Crisp
Turner
Tift
Worth
Dougherty
Lee
Sumter
Webster
Stewart
Chattahoochee
Muscogee (again)
Talbot (again)
Marion
Schley
Taylor (again)
Talbot (again).

Yesterday, I had 139 mobile QSOs from 8 counties.  Condx were poor on 20
at best,
Only two QSOs on SSB, K5YAA and KB3A.  15 was pretty good with short
skip and my only GA QSOs were there with W4AN from two counties (good
ears, Bill).

Worked DK3KD, DL5MC, PP8ZAC, and heard but did not work old contest
supporter LY3BA.  Did get Gedas later from home on CW and SSB,

Joe's truck has terrible ignition and gas injector/fuel pump noise.
Some QSOs were made while in motion, but it was necessary to stop and
turn off the ignition to work all but the strongest signals.

Hope everyone has more fun today and a safe trip.  Were KN4Y, NF4A, and
KB4ET mobles active?  Maybe they will be today.

73,

John, K4BAI.