[SECC] Club Call

Subject: [SECC] Club Call
From: hamcat@directvinternet.com (K4SB)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:29:56 +0000
I believe this has been mentioned before, but I again suggest the SECC
obtain a vanity call.

I have researched the FCC database, and other URLs, and have
determined that numerous
calls are available at this time. To obtain one of these calls, some
small amount of money will be required.

I would further suggest that it would be to the advantage of the club
to select a 2X1 call, as such would be advantageous in certain
contests.

Of course, the first step is to obtain a Club call, which may then be
modifed to a vanity call. The ARRL now performs this service for the
FCC, and it is a matter of only a few days.

Therefore, as called upon by our Constitution, I submit the above as a
formal request or motion, and solicit the support of at least 4
members. If such support if forthcoming, I will then invoke the
Constitutions by laws as they regard "special meetings", and call for
a vote on this matter.

I see no reason why this "special meeting' should not be conducted via
email. For those who support this idea, I request a reply either to
the general reflector, or an email to me, with a copy of the email to
the President.

73
Ed. K4SB