[SECC] GQP - Less than 1 month to go !

Subject: [SECC] GQP - Less than 1 month to go !
From: jshort@mindspring.com (jshort@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:33:01 -0400
Hi all...

        Just a friendly reminder and update about the Georgia QSO
Party.  We are less than one month away from this year's contest -
scheduled for July 20 & 21.

        I would suggest that members who are planning to
participate (hopefully that means everyone) will take some time to
review the rules and the GQP website, as a whole, at
http://gqp.contesting.com .  I would also take this opportunity to
welcome and thank Jeff Clarke for volunteering to become the
SECC & GQP webmaster.

        Of course with a month to go... we aren't just waiting for the
weekend to show up.  Today, I've sent out a mass email to the
Georgia clubs asking them for their support and participation in the
GQP.  I am hopeful that they will get the word out to their members.
I am looking into doing this for the surrounding states clubs, as well.

        In addition, I have asked two other sites to update their
information about the GQP.  K3WWP, John, says hello to John,
K4BAI and Dick, K2UFT, by the way.

        Once again, I do apologize for the WorldRadio blunder.  I
have not heard back from them regarding whether they had
received the information in time or not... but in any case, it was my
responsibility to get the information to them.

        I still plan on contacting the State QSO coordinators and
asking them to relay GQP information to their members (and
possibly post a link on their QP webpage).  In return, of course, I
hope that we can do the same for their contests.   Finally, I also plan
on getting information to the county hunters and on contesting.com.

        In addition, I will try to get the word out to previous GQP
participants (though I am sure that most already know about it)...
and may extend this to regular QP participants.

        Last and not least, I still looking to possibly get on the air
during GQP - however, I am not 100% sure how effective I will be.  I
have been informed that I need to have 5 teeth removed (including
my wisdom teeth) and plan to have the surgery the Thursday prior
to the GQP !

So - that's it from GQP HQ.  If anyone has any
suggestions/corrections, please let me know.  In addition, please
also let me know if you had any mobile/rover plans and what
counties you are planning to run in.  This is so that we can get this
information on the website (and possibly to the county hunters).

Thanks again,

Jeff / KD3UC