[SECC] SECC Meeting 6/1/2002 -- Minutes

Subject: [SECC] SECC Meeting 6/1/2002 -- Minutes
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:30:44 -0400
Gary, K9AY called to order the SECC meeting at the Atlanta Hamfest on
6/1/2002. In attendance where:

AA4LR
N4LR
K2UFT
NE4S
KN6RO
K9AY
NJ8J
K4EA
KU8E
W4OC
K4JRB

We were very pleased to see new members KN6RO and KU8E in attendance.

First order of business was the election of new officers for the next
year. Gary had a slate of nominees, and since there were no other
nominees, they were elected by acclaimation:

Greg, K4NO - President
Don, W4OC - Vice President
Bill, AA4LR - Secretary

Old business:

The secretary noted that Gary, K9AY had taken the action item at the last
meeting to draft an amendment to the bylaws to remove the requirement for
two meeting attendances. This point in the bylaws exists to fulfill an
ARRL Club Competition requirement that will not exist in the coming
contest season.

Also, K4SB was going to process our membership records and see if we
could more optimally position our club circle. Since Ed was not in
attendance, we didn't get a report on this.

New business:

The GQP was very much on the minds of the membership. Since Jeff, KD3UC,
the GQP Czar was not in attendance, no actions were voted upon.

KU8E volunteered to help KD3UC promote the upcoming GQP. Jeff, we're
expecting a K4OJ-level of promotion here, right?

It was also mentioned that we might want to set up a web page on the GQP
site to allow contestants to submit summary sheets. The electronic
collection of this information would save a lot of data entry.

Although we have agreed that the rules and date are unchanged from last
year, for the following year, several comments were made regarding the
GQP. The following suggestions were mentioned, but no motions made:

- Future date of GQP might be first weekend in June. No other contests,
and cerainly cooler than July.

- Future date of GQP might be run in concurrance with minor
non-conflicting contest effort, such as Stew Perry 160m. (GQP hours are
during daylight)

- Future GQP operating time might be changed to one 12/hr day.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901