[SECC] Ham-friendly communities N of Atlanta

Subject: [SECC] Ham-friendly communities N of Atlanta
From: Brian, N8WRL" <n8wrl@arrl.net (Brian, N8WRL)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 15:47:06 -0400
Hi all!

After two+ years of commuting to the Smyrna area every-other-week on
business we're contemplating a move to the area. The office I go to is very
close to the Galleria mall - right across from the Waverly. I'm interested
in ideas and lessons-learned about communities in the area that are both
ham- and horse-friendly.

We have 10 acres here in SC now and moving will be a tough decision because
I have two towers, we have 3 horses, so there's a lot to up-root. Getting
permits here for towers is very easy thanks to the efforts of some local
hams a few years ago. Each of my 72' self-supporting Trylons was $30 + a PE
stamp - no trouble at all! Not expecting that kind of ease elsewhere, just
want to avoid the nightmares.

Ideally I'm no more than an hour or so from the office. Any ideas or
recommendations of places to look?

Thanks, es 73!

-Brian n8wrl