[SECC] Contesting

Subject: [SECC] Contesting
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:14:07 +0000

Joe L Blackwell wrote:
I need to find out if N4AF down in Blounts Creek is within 175
miles of Charlotte.  Probably is, the beach ain't that far from here.
73,
Joe, aa4nn

Joe, and anyone else, got to the ARRL web page and do a search for
maidenhead grid squares. You can also download a program which will
allow you to enter as the "home location" any set of geographical
coordinates, and it will automatically locate that grid square. Then,
in the right hand portion, enter either the coordinates or the grid
square of N4AF and it will give you the bearing and distance.

For instance, I have just discovered that moving our Latitude to
34.25W from (I think )34.07W will keep everyone in the circle, but add
AA4NU in TN.

Overall, I am extremely disappointed that the SECC has not
realistically re aligned the circle in line with who actually
participates.

While true that this only applies to ARRL tests, I predict that many
of our members are going to submit their scores to other than the
SECC. AL is gone, and TN probably gone, SC is talking about leaving,
and pretty soon, we'll be a GA only club.

73
Ed