[SECC] Fwd: SSBNAQP Team Confirmation: South East Contest Club #1

Subject: [SECC] Fwd: SSBNAQP Team Confirmation: South East Contest Club #1
From: aa4lr@arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:10:05 -0500
On 1/20/02 6:28 PM, John T. Laney, III at k4bai@worldnet.att.net wrote:

>I was unable to get answers to CQs on 10 and 15 to speak of.

I managed a short, short run on 10m, and a little longer run on 15m.
Neither was short enough to be real productive.

>On 10 in
>the late afternoon, I heard a lot of W1/W2 stations calling CQ, but they
>couldn't hear me.  They were peaking NW for some reason.

I noticed this, too. Working them was a bit tricky, but possible. Barely.

>QSYs worked
>quite well.  I had to beam SE in the early afternoon and SW later for
>most backscatter QSOs.  Skip was quite short on 15 and almost
>non-existent on 20 early in the afternoon.

I never turned my beam south of W, or south of NE.

Skip was very, very short about 2100z. That's when I had my best run. I
did have a few stations out west call in, working stations in AZ off the
side of the beam.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901