[SECC] K9AY NAQP

Subject: [SECC] K9AY NAQP
From: K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:29:13 -0500
K9AY score...

634 x 226 = 143,284

160:    87    32
80:     89    35
40:    172    46
20:     96    40
15:    104    38
10:     86    35

All 6 bands were in good shape. Low bands were great, and worked some
interesting scatter on 10M.  Either activity was a little light or guys were
spread out over more bands.  Runs ran out fairly fast.

Had some things that needed attention and couldn't start until 2000Z, so I had
to do 10 hours in a row -- probably took about 40 min. total time away from the
radio in short breaks. Really wasn't in the mood to push hard, but tried to be
steady from start to finish -- rates were pretty consistent, except 22-23Z when
the high bands got a bit slow. Best rate was last four hours on 40-80-160.

Realized this morning that I didn't have an 80M antenna up! So I tied 1/4 wave
wire to the 160 feedpoint and threw it over a tree. U-G-L-Y, but effective.

73, Gary
K9AY
Team SECC #1