[SECC] NAQP CW Question for Single OP

Subject: [SECC] NAQP CW Question for Single OP
From: w4an@CONTESTING.COM (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 19:28:17 -0500 (EST)
I always think ahead of time when I'm going to take my offtime.  For
January it is normally during the 10/15 time.  Why?  Because we can't work
as many guys on these bands as we can on the low bands later.

I like the strategy of starting on 15 or 20 and using the 2nd radio for 10
meters.  I move anyone I can to 10 or 15 if I feel it is worth it.
Emphasis on 20 for CQing.  The band is short at the start.  I do the same
thing when I start on 40 meters.  Watching the mult list to see if I can
move anyone.

I might save 30 minutes for the end of the contest, but probably not.  I
might start the contest for 1 hour and then take 2 consecutive hours off.
Then stay on until the end.

Another thing... I'm always thinking in terms of

1st Half of the contest:  10/15/20

2nd Half of the contest:  40/80/160

So I almost never go to 40 meters before 00Z other than to move mults.

If you are on 40 before 00Z, I predict you will run out of people to talk
to later in the evening.

73

Bill