[SECC] RE: [SEDXC] CQWW 160 CW Contest

Subject: [SECC] RE: [SEDXC] CQWW 160 CW Contest
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:17:24 +0000
John Laney wrote:
> It is not strictly true that SEDXC has not helped with GQP.  They are
> co-sponsors with us.  They have publicized it to their membership
> through their monthly bulletin and their reflector.  They have
> sponsored  a plaque each year.  And many of their members have operated in
> it....K4PI, W4GBU, to name a
> few.  No doubt we could use more help, but they have been helpful already.
> 73,
> John, K4BAI.

Not "strictlly true" is an accurate statement. And yes, the are
co-sponsers. They sponsor ONE plaque, and even there, great difficulty
was had in 2000 even getting them to pay for it. Yet are given equal
coverage on all the plaques. All the rest of the Ps are sponsored year
after year by SECC members, or a few individuals such as the ARRL SEC,
and John's dad in past years. And at least for years 99 and 2000, our
SECC members have had to step forward and re-sponsor a P pledged by
other members.

And while CQs rules may allow "loose affiliation", the ARRL does not.

It is quite obvious that I and a few others do not agree with the
idea, but that is merely our right to disagree, and as such, certainly
does not show a lack of respect for other opinions.

73
Ed