[SECC] 160 meter contest

Subject: [SECC] 160 meter contest
From: wa4tt@nlamerica.com (John Vickers)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:53:54 -0500
WA4TT  club score contribution
425  Qs
72    Sect
9      Countries

Total: 71,523 pts

First 400 Qs were S&P-- then CQed for 25 more.  I tuned the band 2 times an
hour during prime time and concentrated on the weak CQers, and the pileups,
to find the multipliers. After checking the 3830 list today, seems I found
most that were available to the average stn. Missed KL7, Lax, Kp4, kp2.
North of the border MB, NL, NWT, and SK were not found. The Sf called me and
was my last Q when I called it quits.

For xmit  #2 son converted the low Zepp into a 45 deg elev vert--- gnd plane
was his metal barn roof plus the other half of zepp. Ran 400 w out with a
single 4-400A.

No Rx ants didn't get me quiet as frustrated as I'd expected-- didn't break
anything and only 'cussed' a time or two !

Will try to make a few pts next weekend on 10 m to help the club total. See
ya'll then. 73, John WA4TT