[SECC] ARRL 160

Subject: [SECC] ARRL 160
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:40:41 -0500
OK, I'll try to be there, but I will  likely be weak even within Ga at
that early hour.  73, John, K4BAI.

I got the FT1000MP/Alpha 78 working today on 160 with the 80 meter
inverted vee fed through the MFJ tuner as if it were a random wire.  The
only signal audible on the band at that (about 1300Z) time was K9DX
calling CQ DX on about 1823.  I called him since he is a fellow FOC
member and thought he might give me a report.  He gave me two QRZs, but
never did get my call.  I suspect he was selecting another direction
(toward JA maybe?).  In any case, I feel pretty good that it should work
as well as last year and maybe a little better than the same transceiver
and antenna did with my AL811H last year.