[SECC] CQWW CW NQ4I SOAB HP

Subject: [SECC] CQWW CW NQ4I SOAB HP
From: gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:51:44 -0500
Nice "part time" job, Rick!

You made a couple very good points:

"...need second antenna for 40m."  --  Even at my little station, I hang a
dipole broadside SE/NW to help get Caribbean and South America mults
when beam is pointing to Europe.  Only needed to swing the beam that
way a few times.

"I learned that the 400hz Irad filters are good, but not as good as the
Inrad
250 hz...I have the 250 hz in the 40m station and it looks like I will have
get them for the rest of the stations."  --  I try to use the 500 Hz filters
most
of the time and use the attenuator to reduce close in intermod, but for weak
signals and crowded bands, there is nothing like 250Hz (and one hand on
the RIT).

73, Gary
K9AY