[SECC] K4BAI trip to Barbados

Subject: [SECC] K4BAI trip to Barbados
From: k4bai@worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:13:16 -0500
Hello all:

Many thanks for the expresssions of sympathy on the death of my father
(K4VGI) last Monday.  I seriously considered cancelling my trip to
Barbados next week, but have decided to go.

I will arrive late the afternoon of Tuesday, Nov 20 and will depart
early morning Tuesday, Nov 27.  I will have the use of a TS850S and
AL80A there and all the fabulous antennas.  The 10 and 40 meter yagis
have been repaired and there is a new 160 meter inverted vee.  There is
also a 5 element 6 meter yagi at 65 feet.

During the contest, I hope to again use 8P9Z single op all bands high
power.  All contacts and publicity appreciated.

Before and after the contest, I will be QRV 160 through 6 CW and some
SSB.  I will change bands and modes upon reasonable request to help out
anyone who needs a band/mode.  My non-contest call is 8P9HT.  During the
non-contest days, Wed the 21st, Thurs the 22nd, Friday the 23rd and Mon
the 26th I will try to be on my usual back home sked that I used to QSO
K4VGI for almost 30 years.  21375 plus or minus at 14Z.  If I am not
there one day it will probably be because I am gone to the grocery store
and to the licensing authority office to renew the licenses.

I will also check into most sessions of the Georgia State Net (GSN) on
3593 khz at 00Z and 03Z daily (except the 03Z session on Sunday night
local time when I will no doubt be sleeping recovring from the
contest).  Anyone can check in (QNI) and ask for a QSO.  We can then
move off frequency and QSY to any band/mode you might need.

Outside the contest, I will emphasize 160, 6, and the WARC bands.  I
should have my IC736 monitoring 6 meters for openings all the time I am
awake and in the hamshack outside of the actual contest hours.

I will be glad to hear from any of you after the SSB sked home or at any
other time during the trip.  QSL both calls via K4BAI.

I can also be contacted by e-mail there.  The address is:
8p9z@sunbeach.net.

73,

John, K4BAI.