[SECC] CW sending from CT or NA

Subject: [SECC] CW sending from CT or NA
From: gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:33:21 -0500
Ken

I have CT8 and it does PTT on phone with the DVK board; maybe it was  added
for CW in a later version.  Writelog has this feature, and I wired it into
my
interface box, but haven't needed it yet.

73, Gary
K9AY

>    I have a technical question for those of you who are using NA or CT to
send CW from a parallel port. Is there a way to have the program key up the
rig without relying on VOX and the transmission of a character first to do
this? I built parallel interfaces long ago that send cw from LPT but rely on
VOX. THis is not good for the TR relays especially when an antenna relay
system, lockout relays, etc are used that add delay to when the amplifier
relays are finally keyed up. This causes the RF relays to occasionally be
hot keyed which will eventually lead to relay failure. I need to have the
rig and all relays keyed first and THEN the CW to be sent a few milliseconds
later. Is anyone doing it this way????