[SECC] AQP

Subject: [SECC] AQP
From: dxcc@dbtech.net (Allan & Bridget)
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:01:14 -0500
Hi, All!
Thanks to all of you who participated in the Alabama QSO Party...especially
the rovers, who always allow for those sought after county multipliers.  We
are already working on improvements for next year and hope to get more
publicity out (since we now know who receives what and at what time).  For
those of you wondering about logs we are fairly flexible.  We've already
received logs from NN1L, W4NTI, and NE4S.  We have an editor that can read
ASCII as well as TRLog, Writelog, NA, and CT, so if you want to use any of
those formats feel free.  We also have Word and Excel, as well as a reliable
post office for hand-written logs.  I'll try to e-mail you a confirmation
once I've received a log from you.  =)

AI4AA made a few contacts but not as many as we would have hoped:  27 QSOs
with 10 counties and 7 states.  The station is still recovering from
lightning strikes, so the only antenna in the arsenal was a Windom.  I also
had problems at home (KS4YT) with the antenna I had wanted to use on 40m and
80m...didn't find the problem until after the event was over, so sorry I
wasn't on more.  I'm just glad the ground didn't find it's way to the ladder
line when Larry was over here for the sprint.  =)

We have already agreed that Alabama stations will count more as multipliers
next year.  We still like giving Rovers extra points for their efforts.  I
am also trying to put together a template for a contest log (once we get our
revised scoring put to the test for next year) so that hopefully you will be
able to have a means for scoring your logs more easily...if anyone has any
tips for doing this with me please feel free to share (and remember your
audience:  an English major and an electrical engineer who deals with
computers only when he has to!). =)

Thanks again for all the support given by the SECC.  Any suggestions on how
to improve will be taken seriously.  Although we had to compete with the TX
and LA parties I didn't see this as a problem (although when I was on 20m
all I heard were Texans!).  I hope we can foster more support for the
contest within the state as well.
Thanks again!
73,
Bridget, KS4YT