[SECC] CW Sprint

Subject: [SECC] CW Sprint
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher W4AN)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
Hi guys,

I want to thank you all for getting on for the Sprint.  It was surely not
the best night I've experienced for a CW Sprint with all of the QRN, but
it was still loads of fun.

It has been suggested to me since the contest that we might have the
ability to pool resources among the FCG, TCG, SECC, and PVRC to actually
win this contest.  At first I was against it, but the more I thought about
it... the more I liked it.

Back when I started contesting I immediately latched on to the CW Sprint.
I knew this was the place where the best showed their stuff.  Back in
those days, W8LNO and N0SS organized teams of midwesterners called the
Midwest Popguns.  If memory serves, I believe we used to have 3 or even 4
teams.  The team lineup was decided based on previous results.  I recall
being very motivated to improve my skills to move up a team (my first
Sprint I made 167 QSOs I think).

We are all competitors, or we wouldn't be interested in contesting.  So I
would like to propose that this rag-tag group of southern CW Sprinters
work together to see if we can win the team competition.  Looking over the
numbers, it doesn't seem unreasonable that we could actually take first
AND second place.  Of course, K1TO has to come out of retirement.

I would be interested in your opinions on this proposal, and if someone in
the TCG, FCG, and PVRC could forward this message to their respective club
mailing lists, I would appreciate it.

73

Bill Fisher, W4AN