[SECC] Re: CQWW SSB

Subject: [SECC] Re: CQWW SSB
From: NQ4I@compuserve.com (Rick Dougherty)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 05:34:10 -0400
---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From:   John Laney, INTERNET:k4bai@worldnet.att.net
TO:     Rick Dougherty, NQ4I
DATE:   09/10/2001 07:35

RE:     Re: CQWW SSB

>From John....K4BAI

You might want to mention that anyone who might want to leave early
might (or their XYL might) enjoy visiting Barnesville, GA this weekend
for their annual "Buggy Days."  I was told about it when eating in the
McDonald's there just before going out to W8JI for the CQ Sprint last
weekend.  They assured me that "buggy" didn't refer to flies and
mosquitos and their cousins, but was an event with crafts, a parade,
etc.  Some might want to go there in the morning and then on over to
your QTH in the afternoon.  (Myself, I'll give the place a wide pass
during such events.  Once, I agreed to meet W4AN at his station on a
fall weekend and it coincided with some kind of weekend in Dahlonega and
I got held up by a parade and nearly never got clear of the traffic.)

73,

John.